Ava Pointe Shoe with #2.5 Shank and Broad Toe Box
Arabesque like a professional in the Ava Pointe Shoe. This premium pointe shoe has a broad, feathered toe box and a combination, full 2.5" leather board and red board shank that offers flexibility to the arch. Features a high and wide platform for much needed balance at the barre. Removable medical grade gel cushion is placed on the internal edge of the platform for added comfort. Ideal for a broad (Roman) foot.
Pro Tip: When attaching Bunheads® ribbons and elastics to pointe shoes that have rose colored lining, a medium needle with a small eye works best.
Suggested Fitting: For first time pointe shoe shoppers, we recommend a professional fitting at your nearest dance store.
- Broad inner toe box
- Moderate vamp
- Slight u-shaped throat
- Satin binding with elastic drawstring
- Plush, anti-slip microfiber lining prevents excess sweating and blisters caused by friction
- Internal heel counter provides additional structure at heel
- Bias side seam elongates the line of the foot
- Lowered profile
- Moderate hand-flattened crown
- Slightly slanted platform encourages the dancer to go over the box
- Removable surgical gel on internal platform edge alleviates toe pressure
- Reduced sole length eliminates excess at the heel
- 1142W: Full #2.5 leather board/red board combination shank offers flexibility to the arch
- Traditional stitched pleating with quiet toe construction
- Best Fit: Medium to wide forefoot with toes of even length
- Recommended sizing: 1/2 - 1 size up from street shoe size
- (SUGGESTION ONLY, it's best to be fitted professionally at your nearest dance store)
- Elastic and ribbons sold separately